VEGGIE & VEGAN
- 550g (1¼ lb) potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 550g celeriac, peeled and chopped
- a good pinch garlic salt
- a good pinch celery salt
- 15g (½ oz) vegetable oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 15g (½ oz) melted margarine
- a sprig of fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5, 375F (190C).
- Cook potatoes (15 minutes) and celeriac (8-10 mins) until tender.
- Drain, transfer into a mixing bowl and mash thoroughly. Add garlic salt, celery salt, margarine and pepper and mix well.
- Place the mixture in a shallow greased oven-to-table dish; lightly butter the top with the melted margarine using a pastry brush and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until heated through and golden on the top.
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley.
Celeriac is a wonderful vegetable and although it is not the most attractive vegetable to look at, is delicious when pureed with potatoes.