Moroccan Chick Pea Stew With Cous Cous
- 500g (1lb) cous cous - follow cooking instructions on packet
- 1x 410g (16oz) tin chickpeas - drained and rinsed
- 1 large red onion - finely chopped
- 1 head of broccoli - cut into small florets
- 75g (3oz) cherry tomatoes - cut in half
- 75g (3oz) fresh french beans - cut in half
- 75g (3oz) baby corn
- Fresh chillies, to taste - chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic - peeled and crushed
- 2.5cm (1in) piece fresh ginger - grated
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 veggie stock cube dissolved in 500ml (1pt) boiling water
- Handful fresh coriander - roughly chopped
- In a large wok or saucepan heat the oil and cook onion for 2 minutes.
- Add the cumin, coriander, garlic and chilli. Stir over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes; make sure it does not burn.
- Turn down heat and add the stock, chickpeas and grated ginger. Stir and cover, cook over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Now add the florets of broccoli, beans, tomatoes and baby corn and stir mixture. Cook covered until vegetables are heated through and soft enough for individual taste.
- When cooked, garnish with coriander and serve with cous cous.
Send this page to a friend