Thai Bean Burgers & Sweet Potato Wedges
- 3 large sweet potatoes - peeled
- Sprig of rosemary - taken off stalk
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2x 400g (2x14oz) cans butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 6-8 spring onions - chopped
- 1 clove garlic - peeled and chopped
- 2.5cm (1in) piece of fresh ginger - grated
- 1 small red chilli
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1 lemongrass stalk - top and tail it, then smash it under handle of a knife and chop
- 1 lime - juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 100g (3.5oz) plain flour
- Olive oil for frying
- Fresh ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C/350 F/Gas Mark 4. Cut the potatoes into wedges, oil a baking sheet, place on wedges and turn in the oil. Sprinkle with rosemary and pepper. Bake for approx 20-25 minutes.
- In a blender/processor put the garlic, ginger, chilli, coriander, smashed and chopped lemon grass, lime juice and soy sauce and whiz until smooth paste. (If you don't have a blender/ processor chop the ingredients very, very finely). Roughly mash the butter beans, add the chopped spring onions and paste, mix well and mould into burger-shaped patties. Put the flour on a plate and season with fresh ground black pepper. Gently turn the patties in the flour to coat. In a large frying pan add the oil and fry the burgers on a high heat for a few minutes each side.
- Serve with a delicious fresh salad.
Send this page to a friend