VEGGIE & VEGAN
- 1 kg (2.2lb) spinach - chop if large leafed
- ½ a veggie stock cube dissolved in 120ml (4fl oz or 6 tbsp) boiling water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Crush the sesame seeds in a pestle and mortar or coffee grinder. Wash spinach well.
- In a large saucepan put in stock water and sesame oil. Bring to the boil and fold in spinach a handful at a time.
- When spinach has wilted - should only take a few minutes - turn off heat and fold in the soy sauce and sesame seeds.
Alternative serving suggestion: use spring or winter greens.