- One sachet Protoveg Burgamix soaked in about 1 pint of water (ignore instructions on packet for this recipe)
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 fresh chillies - chopped or flaked dry from jar
- 2 fresh cloves garlic - crushed
- 3 sticks celery - sliced
- 3 carrots - chopped
- 1 large can tin tomatoes
- 2 heaped teaspoons tomato puree
- 1 vegetable stock cube (I use Knorr)
- 3 - 4 good tablespoons sunflower oil
- dash of good soya sauce
- few small shakes of Umboshi sauce or puree made by Clearspring
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Fry all the vegetables with the chillies and garlic for 10 to 15 minutes then add the tin of tomatoes, stock cube and the burgermix.
- Add more water or tinned tomatoes if the mixture is too dry.
- Finally, add soya sauce and plum sauce to taste and cook slowly on top of stove for ½ to &190; of an hour.
Send this page to a friend