VEGGIE & VEGAN
- 1 onion - peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - peeled and crushed
- 225g frozen soya mince
- 1 x 400g (14 oz) tin tomatoes
- Mixed herbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable stock cube (Oxo vegetable or Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon powder)
- 50g frozen peas
- 1 carrot - peeled and finely chopped
- 6 medium potatoes - peeled
- 3 tbsp soya margarine
- 4 tbsp soya milk
- Pre-heat oven to 220 C/430 F/Gas 7.
- Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until softened.
- Add the soya mince, vegetable stock, tomatoes, carrots, peas, herbs and salt and pepper. Simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes and quarter them. Boil them in a separate pan for about 15 minutes until soft. Mash the potatoes with the margarine and milk.
- Pour soya mixture into an ovenproof dish, and place mashed potato on top. Smooth down with a fork.
- Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes until the top has browned.