VEGGIE & VEGAN
- 1 pizza base
- half a packet of smoked tofu thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree, or a mixture of half a tablespoon of tomato puree and half a tablespoon of pureed sun dried tomatoes (tastier still but a bit more expensive!)
- thinly sliced mushrooms (about 6)
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 1 tomato thickly sliced
- a few olives
- one slice of pineapple (tinned) cut into four to six pieces
- chilli flakes, pumpkin and/or sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Place pizza base on a flat baking sheet.
- Spread tomato puree on top of the pizza base.
- Add a layer of thinly sliced onions, a layer of thinly sliced mushroom and a layer of thinly sliced smoked tofu.
- Top this with olives, pineapple pieces, tomato slices and flakes of chilli, pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
- Drizzle over the 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil as evenly as possible.
- Cook in a very hot oven, about 200C/ 375-400F for about 30 minutes or until done to your taste.
Vegan pizza bases are widely available, alternatively use French bread sliced in half lengthways.