Chick Pea Curry
- 2 tbsp / 30ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 level tbsp / 45ml curry powder
- 1 lb / 450g carrots, peeled and sliced
- ½ lb / 225g mushrooms
- 1 small cauliflower broken into florets
- 2 tbsp / 30ml tomato purée
- 10 oz / 275g chopped tinned tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 1pt / 570g boiling water
- 8 oz / 225g tinned chick peas salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onions for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and curry powder, stir and leave to cook gently for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, mushrooms and cauliflower florets and gently fry.
- Add the tomato puree, tinned tomatoes and stock, then bring to the boil.
- Leave to simmer gently for 20 minutes, then stir in the chick peas. Season to taste.
- Serve with boiled rice or jacket potato.
Send this page to a friend