Going veggie is the single most important thing you can do to help animals. It’s simple – stop eating them, and you start saving lives! The great thing is it’s really easy. It’s also a great way to help save the environment, help feed people around the world and last but not least, it’s healthier for you!
So what is a veggie?
Vegetarians don’t eat the flesh of animals. They avoid all forms of meat, including poultry, fish and slaughterhouse products such as animal fats and gelatine. Most vegetarians also avoid wearing clothes produced using animal products, such as leather (made from animal skins) and silk (made from the cocoons of silk worms).
What is a vegan?
Vegans avoid eating all animal products, such as meat, fish, eggs, dairy products (milk, cheese and yogurt) and honey. The vegan diet is 100% plant-based and healthy too!
Want to know more?
- Order a free Go Veggie info pack
- Watch the Eat This! film
- Download our Vegetarianism factsheet
- Who are the famous vegetarians?
- Download our Good Nutrition factsheet
- Download our Young Veggies booklet
- Download our I Can’t Believe It’s Vegan booklet
- Check out the Vegetarianism section on main (adult) site
- Order some vegetarian campaign resources