Fundraising Officer – Part time
Joining a small team of in-house fundraising within Animal Aid, the purpose of the role is to promote membership, regular giving and Animal Aid’s lottery product, in order to increase donations, membership and regular giving income.
Location: Tonbridge, Kent
20 hours per week
Salary: £22,000 to £24,000 (pro rata). Depending on experience.
Ref: Fundraising 1-2020
We have a rare opportunity available to join our fundraising team, in a part-time capacity.
You will work in a small team, delivering the overall fundraising annual plan and will share responsibilities for generating income through donations and regular giving. We are looking for someone with a background in digital fundraising / marketing, who can help to elevate our fundraising and make the most of this channel.
You will also contribute to the daily running of the team, which will include answering phone calls, taking donations, updating the supporter database and general administrative duties.
You may be asked to attend events at weekends or outside of the usual office hours.
- General admin as part of the team – including answering calls, taking donations over the phone and redirecting incoming calls appropriately
- Working closely with the Supporter Engagement Officer, providing cover for tasks if necessary
- Attend events when necessary (occasional evening and weekend)
- Donor acquisition online – using social media and external platforms
- Promoting membership and incentives for membership online
- Creating engaging digital campaigns to support and compliment other fundraising channels
- Work to targets for acquisition
- Creating a pipeline of external partners to work with in creating membership incentives
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Experience of using social media for marketing and promotional purposes
- Experience of working in a similar role, within a fundraising team
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload
- Use of Microsoft packages and mail merge processes
- Good knowledge of Microsoft programmes, such as excel and word
- Commitment and enthusiasm for Animal Aid’s cause
- Experience working on multi-channel campaigns, with a focus on digital
- Good analytical skills
- Use of CRM such as Raiser’s Edge
- Previous experience within a fundraising team important
- Understanding of data protection
- Use of databases
- Social media use
- Data analysis experience
- Tracking and reporting performance
- Genuine interest and empathy with Animal Aid’s mission and values
CVs and covering letters should be sent to Becca Chapman: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications 6th February 2020, although we might interview candidates that are a strong match before the closing date.