General Manager and Finance Director
Animal Aid, one of the UK’s leading animal rights organisations, is looking to recruit an experienced, senior professional to join our friendly team of 17 in Tonbridge. The successful candidate will be responsible for the organisation’s finances, human resources, governing Council’s matters, plus the general overseeing of the merchandise department, vegan online shop and office operations.
The role requires a comprehensive knowledge of a wide number of job functions to ensure the smooth running of the organisation in all administrative areas.
Candidates will need considerable experience of financial accounting, ethical investments, running budgets, meeting deadlines, staff management, and dealing with human resources issues. You should have a proven track record in managing a finance department and in understanding and analysing financial budgets and reports. It is important for applicants to have a good knowledge of animal rights issues and our current campaigns.
The main duties will include:
- Taking charge of all financial matters, including monitoring bank accounts and investments; tracking expenditure; HMRC, salary and pension payments; invoices, and ordering of goods and services.
- Analysing quarterly figures and annual accounts and producing reports and summaries on income and expenditure for the Council and Director.
- Liaising with the external accountants, auditors and bookkeeper on all financial issues and stocktaking.
- Responsibility for staffing matters including recruitment, advertising, contracts, job descriptions, annual leave and welfare.
- Responsibility for all matters relating to the governing Council, including producing reports and papers, and attending and organising meetings and the AGM.
- General overseeing of the Merchandise Department and Finance Officer in co-operation with the Head of Merchandise, who manages the day-to-day operations. Liaising with our online shop designer over updates, promotions and new products. Producing and updating new merchandise printed catalogues.
- Responsibility for the smooth running of the office to include negotiating and renewing contracts, insurance, and ensuring health and safety issues are in accordance with current legislation.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator with good writing skills and be empathetic to staff. They will be self-motivated, flexible, capable of multi-tasking, highly responsible and effective and able to make decisions and analyse situations to determine actions.
A good knowledge of ethical, cruelty-free vegan products would be an advantage.Read the job description
Candidates should be committed to the objectives of the organisation and be in tune with Animal Aid’s ethical stance and outlook.
This post is full-time and located at our Tonbridge office. Salary range £35-40,000.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Mary Shephard – firstname.lastname@example.org, or ring 01732 364546 ext. 226 for further details.
Closing date for applications is 28th September 2018.