Supporter Engagement Officer
Animal Aid is looking for an enthusiastic Supporter Engagement Officer to play a vital role in our daily operations.
Location: Tonbridge, Kent
40 hours per week
Salary: £22,000 to £24,000
Ref: Fundraising 2-2020
Reporting to the Head of Fundraising, you will be responsible for donation processing, membership renewals and will collaborate on new initiatives to recruit new members.
You will have excellent communication skills, as you will be the primary contact for incoming phone calls.
You will also have the ability to prioritise your workload and manage multiple tasks to ensure that donations are processed and thanked in a timely way, as well as produce regular reports and mailings to supporters.
You will contribute to a small fundraising team and bring your passion for animal protection issues to the role.
- Donation processing from paper and email formats.
- Thank you letters and emails
- Primary telephone support for incoming calls
- Taking donations by phone
- Managing membership renewals by paper and email
- Sending membership packs to new members
- Reconciliation on direct debit income and standing order income
- Communications with lapsed supporters
- Record keeping and reporting of appeal performance
- Developing and designing social media campaigns to recruit new members and supporters
- Organising sponsored events, such as Hampstead Heath annual walk
- Attending fairs and sponsored events (sometimes out of hours)
- Any other duties as requested by the Head of Fundraising or Director
- Excellent telephone manner
- Highly organised
- Excellent written communications
- Experience of using a supporter database or CRM
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player, with initiative and drive
- Social media experience – creating and tracking ads
- Good knowledge of fundraising practices, inc. GDPR
- Use of Microsoft packages and mail merge processes
- Working to new supporter acquisition targets
- Developing supporter journeys
- Raiser’s Edge experience
- Data selection and segmentation experience
The successful candidate must have a knowledge and interest in our campaigns and demonstrate empathy to our aims and values.
You will occasionally be asked to attend events outside of usual working hours but will receive time off in lieu for this.
CVs and covering letters should be sent to Becca Chapman: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications 6th February 2020, although we might interview candidates that are a strong match before the closing date.