Baked teriyaki tofu salad (serves two)
– ½ a block of firm tofu
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 250ml vegan teriyaki marinade
– 1 red pepper
– ½ a red chilli (chopped)
– 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
– Handful of spinach
– Handful of rocket
– Handful of lettuce (chopped)
– Your favourite salad dressing
1) Drain the tofu and chop up into bite-sized pieces.
2) Place the tofu in a bowl and cover with the teriyaki marinade, the chilli and garlic; ensure the tofu is covered in the marinade. Give the mixture a stir and then put it in the fridge for at least an hour, or overnight.
3) Once the tofu has finished marinating, place in a roasting dish along with a little bit of the marinade and drizzle with the olive oil (for crispiness).
4) Bake in the oven at 200oC until crispy – which should take around 20 – 25 minutes.
5) Prepare the base salad: Chop up the red pepper and add to a salad bowl with the spinach, rocket and lettuce. Toss the salad.
6) Plate up: Put the salad as a base, top with your salad dressing, and – once cooked – put the tofu on top.