- 1 medium sized potato – cooked but still firmish and sliced
- 1 onion – peeled and finely chopped
- 2 heaped tbsp chickpea (gram) flour
- 75-100ml cold water
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Celery salt – a couple of shakes
- Olive oil to fry
- Put the flour, celery salt and pepper in a bowl and slowly stir in enough water to make a smooth batter. It should be thin enough to pour easily from the bowl.
- Put enough olive oil in a frying pan to fry the onion, then add the cooked, sliced potato (add a little more oil if needed).
- When heated through, pour on enough batter mixture to just cover the bottom of the frying pan and around the potato.
- Cook for a couple of minutes, then ease away from the edge and flip over with a wide spatula. If the frying pan is too big to do this easily, slide the no-melette onto a plate and flip over this way instead (be careful of the hot oil).
- Fry the second side for a further few minutes.
- Enjoy as a light lunch with fried mushrooms and fresh tomatoes with chopped parsley or a green salad.