Skip to content
Home Wholegrain Fruit Cake
Wholegrain Fruit Cake
450g wholemeal flour
5 tsp baking powder
450g mixed dried fruit
100g chopped mixed nuts
425ml vegan sweet sherry (or use plant milk)
160ml vegetable oil.
2 tbsp molasses or coconut sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp ground mixed spices
1) Preheat the oven to 150oC/302oF.
2) In a large mixing bowl add the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, spices, salt & sugar). Mix until all ingredients are combined.
3) Pour in the sherry/milk, vanilla and oil into the dry mix and stir together until you have your cake mix.
4) Line an 8″ cake tin with parchment paper and oil the sides. Pour in the mix and press down so the mixture is divided equally.
5) Pop into the oven and let it bake for 2 hours. After an hour and a half you might want to check the cake isn’t burning. If the top is starting to burn cover with tin foil.
6) Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for a few hours. If using a loose base tin you can remove the tin after an hour so it cools sooner.
More information Accept
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.