Animal Aid works hard to protect animals across the UK, and we get results!
Just some of our achievements are listed below:
- Our undercover investigations have exposed widespread illegal cruelty in slaughterhouses and resulted in two men being jailed. Our campaigning persuaded the UK’s ten largest supermarkets to deal only with slaughterhouses that have CCTV installed.
- We played the central role in stopping Cambridge University from building a massive facility for experimenting on primates.
- We stopped Oxford City Council and Eastbourne Borough Council from introducing cruel horse-drawn carriages.
- In the wake of our Mark it Vegan campaign, both Asda and Tesco have committed to labelling their own-brand vegan products.
- We compelled Natural Resources Wales to conduct a review into allowing ‘sport’ shooting on its land.
- Since the launch of our campaign against charity-funded animal experiments, Age UK has stopped funding animal research. Marie Curie has also adopted a policy of not funding any animal experiments.
- We co-ordinated a successful campaign to stop the government from scrapping codes of practice for the welfare of farmed animals.
- We landed the shooting industry with a £20 million unpaid tax bill.
- We played a key role in stopping the government from getting rid of the ban on hunting.
- We stopped horses being sold for meat at Ascot horse sales.
- We played a central role in persuading the racing industry to make changes to its whip rules, leading to stricter penalties for offenders.
- We forced John Lewis to disband its shooting club and end the rearing and shooting of pheasants on its estate.