10 reasons why we need CCTV in slaughterhouses
- Because Animal Aid blew the lid on widespread lawbreaking when it investigated UK slaughterhouses
- Because thugs who punch animals in the face for fun deserve to be caught
- Because those who burn pigs with cigarettes should be jailed. (One was, thanks to Animal Aid’s hidden cameras.)
- Because people cannot be trusted not to hurt themselves
- Because some people beat animals when they’re not being watched
- Because those who license slaughterers don’t even bother to ask whether they have unspent criminal convictions for violence to people or sexual assault
- Because firearms keep being stolen from slaughterhouses – and at least one person has been murdered with a captive bolt gun
- Because shockingly bad hygiene should be discovered. (Peeing around the pigs. Not cool.)
- Because animals don’t want to die – and people who eat meat should know that
- Because if Uttar Pradesh in India can do it, why can’t we?
This calf, awaiting slaughter, was left repetitively slipping on the floor for 3 hours as workers walked by and did nothing. The law states: ‘No person shall cause any avoidable excitement, pain or suffering to any animal’.
Support the campaign. See how you can help