- 450g wholemeal self raising flour (or plain and add 5 teaspoons baking powder)
- 450g mixed dried fruit
- 100g glace cherries and/or broken nut pieces
- 425ml vegan sweet sherry
- 140ml sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp ground mixed spice
- Mix the flour, spices, dried fruit, cherries and nuts together.
- Add the sherry, sunflower oil and molasses.
- Fold the ingredients until well mixed.
- Line a bread or cake tin with a couple of layers of baking paper to prevent burning.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake at 150C/300F/Gas Mark 2) for two hours.
- Leave to cool in the tin before turning out – overnight is quite a good idea.