See sponge in chocolate orange sponge cake recipe and add 1 tsp vanilla essence.
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- 1 banana
- 100g dairy-free plain chocolate
- 85g packet of vegan strawberry jelly crystals
- 525g soya custard
- Make the trifle base by following the method for the basic sponge in thechocolate orange sponge cake recipe. Leave out the cocoa powder and add 1tsp of vanilla essence.
- When cool, slice the sponge cake into ‘fingers’ and place them in a layer at the bottom of a large bowl.
- Wash and remove any stalks and leaves from the strawberries, then arrange them in a layer of strawberries over the sponge cake
- Prepare jelly according to the instructions on the packet, and pour it over the strawberries and sponge. Leave it to cool and then place it in fridge until the jelly has set.
- Once set, cut up the banana and arrange it on top of the jelly and then cover with custard. Take the chocolate bar and use a vegetable peeler to grate chocolate swirls for the top.