Giant Stuffed Mushrooms
- 6 large field mushrooms – left whole
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion – peeled and finely chopped
- 25g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- dried marjoram
- 30g pine nuts
- 85g tin sweetcorn
- black pepper
- pinch of salt
- fresh parsley
- Wipe the mushrooms clean then remove and finely chop the stems.
- Sauté half the onion in the olive oil for a few minutes, then add the mushroom stems.
- Once tender, remove from the heat. Thoroughly mix in the breadcrumbs, a teaspoon of marjoram, pine nuts (or sunflower seeds), sweetcorn, plenty of freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5.
- Place the mushrooms in a shallow oven dish and pile the filling into them. Drizzle them with a little oil.
- Bake them for 20 minutes and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve hot.