Tomato & Avocado Towers
- 3 avocados – peeled, pitted and chopped
- 6 large tomatoes – chopped
- 6 spring onions – thinly sliced
- 1 small red chilli – finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Handful fresh basil – chopped
- 1 x 400g can tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small red chilli
- 4 slices of very thinly cut toast
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Handful fresh parsley – chopped small
- Put chopped tomatoes, basil, and chilli in a bowl and mix well. In another bowl, chop the avocados with the lemon juice and add sliced spring onions. Mix well.
- To make the tomato sauce, place all three ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Leave aside in a bowl.
- Make one tower per person. If you don’t have a professional serving ring, you can make your own by cutting the top and bottom off a 400g tin/can to use as a frame. Place serving ring/tin in the middle of each dining plate and spoon in a layer of the avocado mix then the tomato mix. Lift the ring off – carefully! – leaving a tower.
- Spoon the tomato sauce around each tower. Top the tower with a quarter of toast and drizzle with a little sesame oil. Sprinkle with a little parsley, salt and freshly ground black pepper.