Caramelised Red Onion and Pear Tart Recipe
- 300g short crust pastry.
- 8 tbsp vegan cream cheese.
- 1 pear (sliced).
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 medium red onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 8 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 8 tsp cranberry sauce
- 1 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp pink/sea salt
- Season with black pepper.
1) Pre-heat your oven to 180oC. Make your pastry or, if using shop bought, let it sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
2) Using a large loose base flan tin line the tin with the pastry. Trim the sides with a knife and fork the base. Pop back in the fridge for half an hour while you make the filling.
3) Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and add the pear, garlic and onion. Fry on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add the vinegar and sugar and cook for 2-3 minutes to caramelise the pan.
4) Remove the tin from the fridge the tin and spoon in the cheese & cranberry. Sprinkle over the sage, salt and pepper. Add the pear and onion then pour over any liquid in the pan.
5) Making sure everything is evenly spread bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove carefully from the oven and let the tart rest for 5 minutes before serving.