Strawberry & Kiwi Cheesecake
- 75g dairy-free margarine
- 350g vegan digestive biscuits or ginger nut biscuits
- 3 lemons – zested and juiced
- 450g silken tofu
- 100ml soya milk
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 kiwi fruit – sliced
- 85g vegan strawberry jelly crystals (eg. Just Wholefoods)
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas Mark 3.
- Crush the biscuits until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Melt the margarine gently in a saucepan, pour in the biscuit crumbs and mix well. Press the biscuit-mix firmly into a greased, loose bottomed, 20cm (8in) cake tin until about 1cm deep.
- Finely grate the lemon rinds and put into a blender along with the squeezed lemon juice.
- Add all the other mixture ingredients and blend together till the mixture is smooth and creamy. Pour the blended mixture onto the base, smooth the top and place in the oven for 1 hour or until the top turns a rich golden brown.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool.
- Make the jelly according to the instructions on the packet. Slice the kiwi and arrange on top of the cheezecake. Then pour on the hot jelly.
- Leave to cool and then place in the fridge to set.