- 6 medium potatoes – peeled
- 3 tbsp soya margarine
- 4 tbsp soya milk
- 1 onion – peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – peeled and crushed
- 225g frozen soya mince
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- Mixed herbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable stock cube
- 50g frozen peas
- 1 carrot – peeled and finely chopped
- Peel the potatoes and quarter them. Boil them in a pan for about 15 minutes until soft. Mash the potatoes with the margarine and milk.
- Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until softened.
- Add the soya mince, vegetable stock, tomatoes, carrots, peas, herbs and salt and pepper. Simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas Mark 7.
- Pour soya mixture into an ovenproof dish, and place mashed potato on top. Smooth down with a fork.
- Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes until the top has browned.