- 2 slices of thickly cut fresh bread (preferably ciabatta, but French stick/bloomer would do)
- 4 vine-picked tomatoes – diced
- 1 glove of garlic – crushed
- ½ pack of fresh basil
- black pepper
- olive oil
- Mix vine tomatoes and garlic together with a splash of olive oil and season to taste.
- Under a medium grill, toast bread on one side.
- Remove bread from grill and brush with olive oil on untoasted side, pile tomato and garlic mix onto slices and return to grill. Leave until tomato begins to soften – but not so long that the crust begins to burn!
- Tear basil into small pieces and scatter liberally over top.