Red Wine Sauce
- 1 onion – peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove – peeled and minced
- 10 button mushrooms – quartered
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 125ml vegetable stock (when you make it up, also mix in 1 tsp flour)
- splash of vegan Worcester sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 375ml vegan red wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper to season
- Fry the garlic and onion until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to fry for about a minute.
- Mix in all the other ingredients, stir well, bring to the boil and leave to simmer for about one hour. The longer you leave it the more flavoursome it becomes.