Apple and Blueberry Porridge (for one person)
- 90g/1 cup rolled oats
- 475ml/2 cups soya milk or plant-milk of your choice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 medium-sized apple, grated
- 50g blueberries
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar/sweetener
- 2 tbsp sultanas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Grate the apple (minus the core and pips) using a cheese grater and place in a saucepan with the sugar and a dash of milk (approx 2 tbsp).
- On a medium heat bring to a simmer and stir for a couple of minutes until the apple softens and caramelises.
- In a separate pan, combine the oats, plant-milk, chia seeds and caramelised apple.
- Using the bowl you are going to serve the porridge in pour in the apple and return the pan (no need to wash) to the hob.
- Add the oats, milk, cinnamon, sultanas and chia seeds to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the apple and blueberries. Simmer on a low heat for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Topped with maple syrup.
- Topped with maple syrup and chopped nuts.
- Topped with blueberries and other mixed berries.
- Decorate with a sprinkle of cinnamon and your favourite fruits.
This recipe and video was kindly made by Aaron Calder. Check out his social media channels for more mouthwatering vegan recipes!