Vegan ‘steak’ and ale pie (serves four)
– 1 pack of Jus Rol puff pastry
– 1 brown onion (chopped)
– 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
– 5 chestnut mushrooms (roughly chopped)
– 1 pack of Fry’s Thick Cut Chunky Strips
– Vegan gravy granules
– 1 bottle of vegan ale
– Salt and pepper
– Fresh parsley
– 1 tsp unsweetened soya milk
1) Pre-heat the oven to 200oC.
2) Fry the onion, garlic and parsley until the onion starts to brown.
3) Add the mushrooms and Fry’s strips until the strips start to look brown.
4) Add the vegan ale and start to gradually add the gravy granules; add the granules slowly until the mixture starts to thicken.
5) Roll out the pastry, cut in half and line a pie dish with one half; spoon in the filling and top with the other half of pastry.
6) Seal the edges with a fork, poke a few holes in the top with a fork and drizzle the soya milk on top.
7) Cook until the top is golden brown.
1) Serve with mashed potato and peas.
2) Replace the Fry’s Strips for another vegan ‘beef’ substitute.
3) Serve with chips.