Smokey chickpea tacos (makes six tacos)
– 2 cans of chickpeas
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp paprika
– 1 tbsp smoked paprika
– ½ an onion (sliced)
– 1 red pepper (sliced)
– 1 can sweetcorn
– 1 large ripe avocado (cut into slices)
– 2 tsp olive oil
– Taco shells, or tortilla wraps for soft tacos.
1) Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
2) Heat up 1 tsp olive oil in a pan, on a medium heat.
3) Fry the chickpeas, adding the cumin, paprika and smoked paprika. Ensure the chickpeas are well coated in the spices.
4) In a separate pan, fry the red pepper slices and onion slices in the remaining olive oil until the onion starts to brown.
5) Assemble the tacos by filling each taco shell or tortilla with chickpeas, onion, red pepper, sweetcorn and avocado. Top with salsa.
1) Top with vegan cheese or nutritional yeast.
2) Add salad leaves.
3) Add fresh coriander to the chickpea mixture.