Vegan Cauliflower Cheese Recipe
- 1 medium cauliflower cut into florets
- 2.5 cups of unsweetened plant milk
- 40g grated vegan cheese
- 1/2 tsp English mustard
- 1/4 tsp pink/sea salt
- Season with black pepper
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2-3 tbsp flour (plain or wholemeal)
1) Pre-heat your oven to 200oC. Cover the florets in water and boil for 4-5 minutes until cooked (but not mushy).
2) Meanwhile. In a saucepan on a medium to high heat pour in the plant milk and add the salt, nutritional yeast, pepper & mustard. Keep stirring. Bring the liquid to a simmer then add the grated cheese.
3) Stir in and simmer for 4-5 minutes for the sauce to reduce and thicken. Add 1 tbsp of flour and whisk in vigorously (to stop lumps) and after a minute or so the sauce will thicken. If it’s not thick enough add another tbsp.
4) After the cauliflower is cooked drain off the water and tip the cauliflower into an oven proof dish. Pour over the sauce and finish with a handful of grated cheese.
5) Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes. Enjoy!