250g plain flour (wholemeal or plain)
50g semolina flour (or rice, quinoa, gram flour)
1/2 tsp pink/sea salt
3g fast acting yeast
1 tsp sugar
200ml plant milk
2 tbsp oil
Tomato pasta base + your favourite toppings
1) Warm the milk slightly in the microwave and stir in the yeast. Add the salt, oil and sugar and stir again. Set aside for a few minutes for the yeast to activate.
2) Mix the flours in a large bowl then slowly add the milk mixing with a spoon. Once the dough comes together use your hands to shape into a ball.
3) Sprinkle a little flour on a clean work surface and knead the dough for 4-5 minutes.
4) Oil a bowl and place the ball of dough in the middle. Cover with a damp tea towel and set aside to rise for one hour.
5) After an hour remove the dough and place onto a floured surface. Roll into a circle and place on a floured oven tray. Shape the pizza and fold/pinch the edges to make a crust. Stab the centre of the base with a fork several times to remove any air.
6) Add the tomato sauce and spread thinly over the base. Add your favourite toppings then sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the base is golden brown. Finish with black pepper and fresh herbs.