- 1x 200g packet of VBites Fish Style Steaks OR
- 1x 215g packet of VBites Fish Style Fingers
- 250g mushrooms – sliced thick
- 750g mashed potato – cooked in vegetable stock
- 1 heaped tbsp wholemeal flour
- 125ml soya milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 50g dairy-free hard cheese (e.g.Cheezly or Sheese) – chopped into small pieces
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp capers
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Little extra oil
- To make white sauce, heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan, add the flour and cook for a minute or two, stirring constantly.
- Take off the heat when it has stopped bubbling and add soya milk slowly, stirring until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add ‘cheese’ pieces, parsley, black pepper and capers to taste, stir and set aside.
- Mash the potatoes and add a little oil and black pepper.
- Lay the fish steaks or fingers in an ovenproof dish and pour over the white sauce. Spread the mashed potatoes over the top, add mushrooms and drizzle with a tiny bit of oil.
- Bake in hot oven at 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6 for 30-40mins until the top is golden brown and the mushrooms cooked.