Rice bowl with creamy kale and peanut sauce (serves 2)
[By Diane Smith]
– 375g brown rice (cooked)
– 2 large yellow peppers (chopped and roasted until slightly charred)
– ½ bag of salad greens
– Handful of pumpkin seed (toasted)
– 3 spring onions (finely chopped)
– 1 pack smoked tofu (cut into cubes)
– 1 lime (cut into wedges)
– 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
– 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
– ½ tsp chilli flakes
– 500g carton passata
– 100g curly kale (finely chopped, stalks removed)
– 3 tbsp peanut butter
– Soy sauce (to taste)
– Cook the rice and roast the yellow peppers, and put to one side.
To make the sauce: – In a medium sized pan, heat the oil and add the garlic.
– Add the passata, 2 tbsp water chilli flakes and kale. Cook for 10 minutes, until the kale is tender.
– Stir in the peanut butter and cook for another 5 minutes , adding water to thin.
– Add soya sauce to taste.
Assemble: – First add a generous portion of rice with a pile of roasted peppers, chunks of tofu and a handful of salad greens.
– Pour the sauce over the rice.
– Top with the spring onion and toasted seeds, and serve with a wedge of lime to squeeze.
1) Swap the peanut butter for almond butter.
2) Use vegan chicken pieces instead of tofu.