Vegan Yorkshire Puddings Recipe
- 100g self-rising flour
- 30g gram flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250ml plant milk – unsweetened
- 100ml aquafaba
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- Vegetable oil
1) Preheat the oven to 220oC
2) Using a muffin tin pour a little oil (1 tsp approx) into each well. Place in the oven for 10 minutes. It’s very important the oil is smoking hot before pouring in the batter.
3) To a large bowl add the milk and aquafaba. Whisk for a minute until bubbly. Now, sift in the gram and self-rising flours. Add the salt and whisk for 2 minutes. Pour into a jug ready for the oven.
4) Please take care when removing the tin from the oven and place on a heat proof surface. The oil should be smoking hot.
5) Pour in the batter leaving a slight gap at the top. You need to work fast or the puddings won’t rise. Place back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Turn the heat down to 190oC and cook for a further 15-20 minutes until golden brown.