Aubergine and tomato pasta (serves two)
– 350g dried pasta
– 1 aubergine (diced)
– ½ red onion (diced)
– 2 garlic bulbs (crushed)
– 1 courgette (diced)
– 1 jar of tomato pasta sauce
– 1 tbsp olive oil plus extra for drizzling
– 1 tsp rosemary
– 1 tsp thyme
– Salt and pepper
– Nutritional yeast
1) Pre-heat your oven to 190oC.
2) Spread the aubergine and courgette on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Roast until golden brown.
3) Boil the pasta until al dente, drain and rinse with boiling water.
4) On a medium heat, add 1 tbsp of oil to a large saucepan. Then add the garlic and onion, fry until the onion starts to brown.
5) Add the pasta, aubergine, courgette and pasta sauce to the pan and stir until well combined.
6) Add the rosemary, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
7) Serve! Sprinkle with nutritional yeast.
1) Top with vegan cheese.
2) Add spinach.