Serves 3 to 4
- 2 coffee mugs (approx 250ml sized mug) of brown rice, rinsed well
- 2.5 mugs cold water (use same mug as above)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 x 220g packets smoked tofu – chopped into bite sized cubes
- 3 medium onions – peeled and chopped
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 4 garlic cloves – peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 red chilli – chopped
- 1 green sweet pepper – de-seeded and chopped
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- handful fresh chopped parsley
- Cook the rice in a heavy pan with a tight lid with the 2.5 mugs of water.
- Bring rice to the boil and then turn down to lowest heat possible and cook with lid on for 40 mins. All the water will have been absorbed.
- Fry the onions and crushed garlic in the oil for about 5 mins, add the sweet pepper, chilli and paprika and cook for a further 5 mins or so, stirring continuously.
- Add the smoked tofu and black pepper, then the coconut milk and crumbled stock cubes. Stir until all is heated through and then add the cooked rice.
- Serve up with parsley on top.