Vegan ‘Turkey’ & Cranberry Slices Recipe
- 130g chickpeas – drained
- 70g cashews – soaked overnight or in just boiled water for 15 minutes, drain off the water.
- 100g oat flour – you can make your own flour blending 100g of oats in a blender to a fine flour.
- 50g cranberries
- 150ml plant milk – unsweetened
- 120g vital wheat gluten
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pink/sea salt
- Season with black pepper
1) To a blender/food processor add the milk, chickpeas, oil and cashews. Blend until you have a creamy liquid. A few small fine lumps are fine, these add to the texture. Add the vital wheat gluten, oat flour, onion & garlic powder, salt, pepper, seasoning and nutritional yeast.
2) Blend until the mixture turns to dough. Keep blending for 2-3 minutes. If the mixture is too wet add a little more vital wheat gluten.
3) In a large bowl add the cranberries and dough. Knead the dough so that all the cranberries are combined into the dough. Shape into a small loaf/joint and wrap in parchment paper and then foil.
4) Place in a steamer and steam for 1 hour and ten minutes. Serve immediately.