- 1 medium aubergine – thinly sliced
- 1 medium leek – thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper – de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 or 4 shallots – peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- juice and grated rind of 1 orange
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- salt and black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 pack of ready-to-use puff pastry
- Brush the aubergine slices with oil and grill both sides for about 5 mins until brown.
- Roast the pepper, shallots and leek in a very hot oven with a little oil for about 20 mins until the edges are starting to char.
- Line a shallow dish with puff pastry and bake for 10 mins in a medium oven until golden brown.
- Cut the aubergine slices into strips and mix these together with the other vegetables, herbs, orange juice and rind, tomato puree, salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture onto the cooked pastry.
- Drizzle about 4 tbsp olive oil over the vegetable mix, then top with a lid of pastry. Wet the edges of the pastry and press down to seal with the cooked layer beneath.
- Cut some slits in the pastry and bake at 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6 for 20-25 mins.