Potato and Parsnip Balls
- 500g potatoes – peeled and roughly chopped
- 500g parsnips – peeled and grated
- 8 spring onions – thinly chopped
- 1 garlic clove – peeled and crushed
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp fresh chives – finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper and salt
- In a large pan, par-boil (half cook) the potatoes before removing half with a slotted spoon, leaving the rest to cook right through. Grate the par-boiled potatoes (when cool enough to do so). When the rest are cooked thoroughly, drain and mash.
- Preheat oven to 220C/425F/Gas Mark 7
- Combine the grated parsnips with all of the other ingredient, season with pepper and salt to taste and mix thoroughly.
- Make into walnut size balls. Place balls in a greased baking tin and bake in the hot oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with fresh salad and dips, such as hummus, salsa or guacamole.