Scrambled Tofu (for one person)
– 250g firm tofu (drained)
– Half an onion
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– Half a green pepper
– 1 garlic clove
– 1 tsp turmeric
– Salt and pepper
1) Finely chop the onion and fry in the olive oil for 3 – 4 minutes.
2) Finely chop the garlic and dice the green pepper and add to the pan.
3) Once the onion is soft, crumble the tofu, using your hands or mashing with a fork, into the pan.
4) Add the turmeric.
5) Continue to stir so the tofu doesn’t stick to the pan.
6) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7) Cook for a further 2 – 3 minutes.
This can be eaten in the same way as scrambled egg; there are a few ways you can serve tofu scramble.
1) On toast, on its own.
2) On toast, topped with avocado.
3) Topped with ketchup, BBQ sauce, hot sauce, or your choice of condiment.