- 220g smoked tofu (e.g. Cauldron)
- 750g mashed potatoes – cooked in vegetable stock
- 2 tsp capers
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6
- Mash the potatoes without any liquid to form a dryish mix.
- Mash the smoked tofu, the add capers and black pepper and mix in the mashed potato.
- Form into 6 large or 8 small cakes or patties. Oil a baking sheet and turn the fishless cakes in the oil, then bake in the oven for 20 mins.
- Can be served hot or cold