Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – chopped
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 450g carrots – peeled and sliced
- 225g mushrooms – sliced
- 1 small cauliflower – broken into florets
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 275g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 225g tin of chick peas
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onions for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and curry powder, stir and leave to cook gently for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, mushrooms and cauliflower florets and gently fry until softened.
- Add the tomato puree, tinned tomatoes and stock, then bring to the boil.
- Leave to simmer gently for 20 minutes, then stir in the chickpeas. Season to taste.
- Serve with boiled rice or jacket potato.